Self Limiting Thoughts…
These are those pesky thoughts that tell us what we can’t do, how we don’t measure up, what’s wrong with us. If we could purge our brains of these thoughts, we’d all feel so much better. Short of that, we can practice self-compassion and accept that we’re all perfectly imperfect . . . or imperfectly perfect. Take your pick!
- Make a list of your top three self-limiting beliefs/recurring thoughts. For example:” I’ll never
be . . .” or “I can’t ever . . .”, “I’m such a . . .”
- Pay attention to them as they arise during the week.
- Try and identify the emotion associated with each. For example, anger, sadness, guilt, shame
- Get in touch with where you feel it in your body. Head? Stomach? Heart?
- Ask yourself what you need right then, right there
- Place your hand on this part of your body and wish yourself whatever you need. For example forgiveness, peace, acceptance, love, kindness.
Quote of the week
“I never beat myself up gently.”