This year, Seattle Children’s Annual Pediatric Bioethics Conference is focused on autism. It will be held July 22 and 23 at Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle.
Some of the questions to be explored include:
- How have changes in the way we understand autism over time influenced ethical issues in diagnosis and treatment?
- How and why do health disparities occur in diagnosis, treatment and support, and what are the impacts? How can we reduce and ultimately eliminate disparities?
- How can we incorporate knowledge of cross-cultural differences to provide better care for children with autism and their families?
- What are the ethical challenges in the transition from adolescence to adulthood? How can they be addressed?
- What are some of the ethical issues in autism research? How can research findings result in more effective care and support for children with autism?
For more information and to register for the conference.
We hope to see you there!